Transfiguration fits

Last night I started hooking the blue-grays in the hills behind the wind woman. Now she looks like she is emerging from water. This just won't do. I have already removed the silhouette trees because they were distracting. Then I tried to dye green with the same dye base as the rest of the rug. The introduction of the green was awful, although the green itself is beautiful and goes nicely with the other colors. But it was distracting too. So then I went with the blue-gray. And now I have a mermaid! So this afternoon, while making my rug labels, I am also dyeing up a batch of dark purple, and I am going to try that. Hopefully I will achieve the feeling of a mountain at midnight.